Re: NonSystem RBS in SYSTEM tablespace?

From: Jed and Andrea <gsousa_at_dbtinc.com>
Date: 12 Sep 1998 15:26:49 GMT

Hi Chris,
I think what they were trying to tell you is that when creating any database you must have a non-system rollback segment on-line prior to creating any additional tablespaces. What you will need to do is create this rollback segment in SYSTEM, create your other tablespaces including one specifically for rollback segmetns. Once this is done you can take the non-system rollback off-line in the system tablespace. Many DBA's take this tablespace offline but leave it there in case they run into a problem later.

Hope this helped and didn't confuse the issue.

Jed Sousa
Database Administrator
Database Technologies Inc.
Wellesley Hills, MA

chrisoc_at_ans.net wrote in article <6tboqu$705$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...