Re: I need OCP exam suggestions

From: Dyou98 <dyou98_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Sep 1998 02:55:58 GMT

>Subject: I need OCP exam suggestions
>From: srename <srename_at_aol.com>
>Date: 9/11/98 8:18 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>Hi, I am going to take my first OCP DBA exam, I need any suggestions,
>such as which books to read, which class to take.
>
>I have read through all materials in Oracle web page, I need some real
>personal suggestion, tips from those who are taking or passed these
>exams.
>
>Thanks!

Oracle traning classes will help you tremendously. The exams are not that hard. In fact, if you just read the training mannuals you can probably pass the Oracle 7.3 exams. Can't speak about the Oracle 8 exam since I didn't have the mannuals when I took the exam. One of my coworkers is an Informix DBA. He never went to any training classes. Basically he just read the mannuals and did some of the exercises and he passed the Oracle 7.3 exams. Experience will certainly help too, but I think you can do without it. Received on Fri Sep 11 1998 - 21:55:58 CDT