Re: NT Oracle8 DB Instance duplication

From: <streak_at_iag.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 02:30:22 GMT

The database files and SQL*Net files needed to create a 2nd instance are located in the following directories as you have noted: \orant\net80\admin and \orant\database

As you seem to be aware of, you will need to create services for the new instance. You can use the instance manager which can be invoked from the DOS command line executing the following: oradim80 or oradim73... depending on the version.

Actually, I prefer to use the oradim command to create the instance at the DOS command line. There should be an example in the Getting Started manual that comes w/the software. To create a new instance the syntax is more or less: oradim80 -new -sid <sid_name> -intpwd <password> -pfile <path_&_pfile_name>