Re: Oracle8 - Solaris2.6 - core dump

From: <hr784_at_cleveland.freenet.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:04:00 GMT

I'll put in my 2 cents.

I see a few things you have to resolve.

  1. Have you called Oracle support about what is causing this if it is actually an oracle8 problem. 2. If you upgrade to 8.0.4.2.1 of Oracle you must also upgrade Solaris to the latest patch cluster! 3. You can limit the size of a coredump for the time being by typing as ROOT in solaris ulimit -c xxx where xxx is 512 byte blocks. It is probably set to unlimited.

By upgrading your OS and Oracle is only a workaround to a more potential problem. You need to get to the bottom of what is causing your coredumps either by using Oracle support or Sun support or both.

David Knollhoff
Innovata-llc