HP-UX - Oracle 8 - open file problem.

From: Vaughan Mc Carthy <vaughanm_at_medscheme.co.za>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:51:39 +0200

Hi there
I am having a potential problem with Oracle 8.04, running on HP - Unix. With only two instances up and running and 8 users logged on, we have a situation where Oracle 8, opens 619 files !! This never used to happen in Oracle 7. We have had to up the file table in the kernel, to 1500 open files - nearly double the default.
Why does this happen? Is there a way to minimize the open files - maybe a setting in the init.ora?
What is going to happen once we have reached the point where 80 users are logged on?
Vaughan Mc Carthy Received on Fri Sep 11 1998 - 03:51:39 CDT