Questions about Oracle data types and makefile options

From: ngpl <ngpl_at_cyberway.com.sg>
Date: 11 Sep 1998 06:15:34 GMT

Hi,

I am currently using Pro*C/C++ Release2.2 with Oracle 7.3 on IBM AIX 4.1.5. I have the following questions which hopefully someone can enlighten me:

  1. What is external datatype "STRING"? It is a structure like VARCHAR? How do I manipulate a variable of type STRING?
  2. Makefile options : DBMS= [V6, V6_CHAR, V7]. What are the differences?
  3. Makefile options: PARSE=[NONE, PARTIAL]. I'm using C++. How do I compile using PARSE=PARTIAL? What are the differences between NONE and PARTIAL?

Million thanks in advance. Received on Fri Sep 11 1998 - 01:15:34 CDT