Re: ODBC, Access and Oracle problem

From: James Arvigo <Hooper_X_at_Spam_Rage.com>
Date: 1998/09/10

We recently encountered the same problem here. It was caused because Access is unable to understand Oracle's NUMBER(x,y) formatted numbers.
If any NUMBER field in our Oracle table had a value in it that was larger than 127, then that entire row's fields would show up as "#deleted".

When you change your Oracle table's NUMBER fields to have no (x,y) settings, then the Access table link is able to work properly.

For example, change your Oracle table field from NUMBER(5,0) to just NUMBER

Clearly, this is a problem, and we don't know how to get around it yet. No-one wants to reset all NUMBER fields in their Oracle tables to have no size and precision settings.
But for now, that's what we're doing.

Hopefully, in Access, there is a way around this.

Regards,

James Arvigo