Help! Split/Pipe for backups

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 1998/09/10

Hello Oracle Users,

I am using UNIX pipes to compress my exports into a file. My compressed export file size has grown beyond 2GB. Now I am considering using UNIX 'split', to cut the file into pieces.

Could someone respond with the piece of code that does this, with an explanation if possible.
I looked up in the man pages, and tried split in my program, but could'nt get it to work.

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
  Kittu. Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT