Re: ORA-12612 TNS:connection is busy

From: Fuzzy <granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 03:42:56 GMT

On 10 Sep 1998 18:50:43 GMT, "Richard Gasparetto" <Gasparettor_at_pwgsc.gc.ca> wrote:

>Has anyone ever had trouble with the oracle error 12612. The description is
>included below. I'm having this problem intermittently in my application
>and its really giving me a pain. If you have any ideas on how to solve this
>problem please reply (arscottp_at_pwgsc.gc.ca). I'm using PB 5.4 and oracle
>7.3.0.4.
>
>Paul
>ps. I phoned oracle about this and they had a call regarding this error
>with PowerBuilder. They said it was solved with a PB upgrade but they
>couldn't tell which version. In any case this hasn't worked for me.

One of my clients had this, together with an Oracle "Packet Writer Failure" on the server at the same time. We proved to Oracle that it was their problem - they decided it would go away of its own accord!

To this day, their support has never been able to suggest a fix for the Packet Writer + 12612 problem.

Ciao
Fuzzy