Re: Changing Passwords Remotely

From: Jean-Philippe Squelbut <squelbut_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:39:16 +0200

Dave Russell a écrit dans le message
<905437095.14138.0.nnrp-08.c2de519f_at_news.demon.co.uk>...

>Hi there,
>I'm new to Oracle 7.3 and have been asked by my client to look at security
>issues.
>The client has 120+ remote sites, each running a WIndows NT server with an
>Oracle 7.3 database. Each database has a common userid, plus all local user
>id's for that site.
>
>Is there a way of being able to remotely change the password of the common
>userid on ALL databases without having to do it using User Manager (ie
>manually dialing into all the sites and changing it) ? An SQL statement or
>similar that will run through a remote connection would be fine !
>
>TIA
>
>Dave_at_acstoresupport.demon.co.uk

You must have one node with the TNSNAMES.ORA file containing your 120 services matching the OSID of your 120 nodes. a SQL script :
alter user <sameuser> identified by <newpassword> connect <sameuser>/<oldpassword>@<service1name> alter user <sameuser> identified by <newpassword> connect <sameuser>/<oldpassword>@<service2name> and so on... Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 11:39:16 CDT