Can't install to OCSM client installation

From: Steven Moyano <smoyano_at_nwu.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 98 16:30:57 GMT

I am trying to install Oracle ver 2.5 production drivers to a network directory. The network directory is registered in Windows 95 as the Oracle home and when I run the installer I get the message "Your current Oracle home S:\ORAWIN95 is an OCSM client installation managed by your system administrator. You may not install or remove products in this home."

Out network administator has not placed a block on this directory, and the problem seems computer specific since I am able to install the drivers from another machine. As far as I know, we did not use a configuration manager to create the S:\ORAWIN95 directory.

Does anyone know what I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Steven Moyano
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. USA Steven Moyano <smoyano_at_NWU.EDU> Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 11:30:57 CDT