[ontopofIT] AS/400 Data Base is first to get EVI

From: <news_at_ontopofit.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:11:01 GMT

Hello all,

        We would like to invite the comp.databases.oracle.server community to share in the discussion of the following IT story:

        An article in News/400 magazine, Full Speed ahead V4R3, describes how the newly announced Ver. 4 Rel. 3 of the AS/400 will be the first in the industry to get IBM’s recently patented data base index algorithm (EVI). With these announcements it looks like very large data warehouse projects may really take off on the AS/400. Click below to read some interesting technical tid-bits, and tell us your experience or opinion.

Come join the discussion at ontopofIT!

This story has just been posted at:
 http://www.ontopofit.com/articles/980908/1141246.shtml.

        Notes: The full text of the article includes the links, which I have stripped here because many newsreaders don't grok html. Some have also told me that it would be good to mention that ontopofIT carries no ads.

Yours truly,
Paul,
news_at_ontopofit.com Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 11:11:01 CDT