Re: v$open_cursor

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:51:49 GMT

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:17:43 +0100, Tim Palmer <tim_at_cairo.nl> wrote:

>How come if I have open_cursors set to 50 in the init.ora file, the
>number of rows returned when I query v$open_cursor is 72 ? Should this
>be allowed to happen?

Init parameters OPEN_CURSORS sets the limit of open cursors *per session*.

V$OPEN_CURSOR holds the information of all open cursors instance-wide. If you want to check if you are near yor OPEN_CURSORS limit, the following query will give you the information.

SELECT sid, user_name, COUNT(*) "Cursors per session" FROM v$open_cursor
GROUP BY sid, user_name;

>Tim

HTH,
--
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 08:51:49 CDT