Re: Access 2 to Oracle database via ODBC reports error -7751

From: John Powell <balloon_at_altavista.net>
Date: 1998/09/09

Have you verified that all your Oracle stuff is installed correctly using TNS Ping (to test the SQL-Net) and ODBC Test (to test, of course, the ODBC)?

If those test out OK, then the next question is: Have you installed the Access 2.0 Service Pack? It's free, available from Microsoft. Check out Dev's or Tony's page. Links provided on my page below.

This service pack has corrected a couple ODBC problems for us - as a matter of fact, ones that didn't show up until we started hitting a 7.3.3 database. So I hope it works for you.

--
HTH,
John Powell

This page contains links to many MS Access  FAQ's and
resources (including places to post job related ads, which
do NOT belong here!).

http://www.wavefront.com/~pow/johnmsaccess.htm
<35f6c90b.587464_at_read.news.globalnet.co.uk>...