Re: Urgent: DBLink problem

From: <jal_at_esc188.expansion.com>
Date: 1998/09/09

In article <35F3EAA7.32F0BC69_at_bart.inescn.pt>, Marco Ribeiro <mar_at_bart.inescn.pt> writes:

>Hi,
>
>We've got two databases physically
>separated, we've also got a dblink
>connecting the two databases.
>
>When we load data from the remote
>database to the central database
>the
>process is very fast but when we
>make remote calls to functions
>while
>load data the process becomes
>extremely slow.
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marco

Hello,

I am doing something very similar where my HOST (instance 1) machine is calling remote procedures to insert JOB Queue records and call procedures to update tables.
On the first run it is very slow, however the consecutive runs are relatively faster. I am not a DB (yet) I would imagine it has something to do with the Pre-  and process phase in Oracle.

Putting your Update or Insert in the Remote SGA may speed this up as it does not have to parse your statement. Something to look at

Sincerely,

Jason Ladew Received on Wed Sep 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT