defunct on AIX 4.1

From: Uri Margalit <urimr_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/09/09

Hi,

I'm ORACLE DBA on AIX 4.1.5 .
I've a program who always run in the system and receive messages from ORACLE pipe. For each message the program called (listener) fork another program.
The "listener" mark to receive a SIGCHLD signal with the sigaction routine.

The "listener" receive a lots of messages and after the child ends i have a lot of defuncts.

I wrote a littler program who fork another program, and there wasn't any defunct. (even if in the child i open a file and doing malloc without closing the file or free the storage).

So my opinuoin is that somehow ORACLE responsible to the defuncts.

ORACLE 7.3.4
ProC 2.3.4
i use the ORA_CLIENT_LIB=shared (shared libraries).

Please respone to my email
urimr_at_ibm.net

Thank you for your time. Received on Wed Sep 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT