Help me - Urgent - Oracle connection on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Joćo Carlos Palmela Pinheiro Caldeira <ip218083_at_ip.pt>
Date: 9 Sep 1998 23:54:36 GMT

I have installed Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.5.1. when i tried to do:

-> tnsping ORCL (database instance) this fails.

when i tried to do :

 -> svrmgrl

     connect internal
i get this message (You can not connect to an idle database)

 The instance is not running, i know that, but what do i have to do to put it running from SHELL command line.

I look up to the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files but i think everything is ok.
Do i have to add any service to the /etc/services file ?

Please give me an example how to do it from the begining, or send me some sample files (services, listener.ora, tnsnames.ora)

My hostname is -> dog
ORACLE_SID -> ORCL give me an example

mail ip218083_at_ip.pt Received on Wed Sep 09 1998 - 18:54:36 CDT