Re: Oracle VS Sybase VS SQL Server

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: 1998/09/08

On 8 Sep 1998 16:27:27 GMT, Ttrogden <ttrogden_at_ashleybh.com> wrote:
> My company is trying to decided what database program to go with. I would
>like to know which program is better and why. I would appreciate any
>information you can give.

You might want to try www.dejanews.com and see what has been hashed over and over.

Also, don't crosspost between the various cdo groups. This question would be for cdo.misc.

Oracle is best for large or complicated databases, or situations reaching across a company. Some of the others are ok for small databases or are required for certain software packages. Some packages have been ported between various database engines, and suffer from that, so beware.

Perhaps if you asked in some context, we could answer more specifically. Just asking which is "better" is going to get you religious answers.

>thanks
>tommyt

jg

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or
Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry@nospameiq.com