Re: select long type column

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/09/08

Hi Thomas

> That piecewise fetches a long with 4k chunks. You send it a query that select
> single row and a single column (a long). It prints it out on the web in this
> example (the htp.p call) but you can do whatever you want with it...

What is maximum length of a long chunk you can select with an ordinary select statement in oracle 8.

I am select plain text from a long column, and it is working fine, I do not expect the long's to be very ling initialy.

This is what I am doing:

select article,a_date into e_article,e_date

        from sotiri.bus_news_articles.
htp.p(e_article);

Is it wrong?