Re: Password for Listener and Internal??

From: Werner De Gruyter <wgruyter_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/09/08

>1) Password for Internal: Durring the Install,I was asked if I would like to
>have a password for Internal user. I said yes and provided a password. After
>the Install, I connected internal and I wasn't prompted for a password and i
>connected fine. Anyone know why??

On UNIX, if you're logged in as the Oracle user, and you're in the DBA group, the connect internal won't ask you for a password

>2) Durring the install, it prompted me for a password for the Listener. I
>didn't want one, but it asked for one anyway.

Password is soley taken from the LISTENER.ORA file. If you don't like the password (like I do), then remove this line from the file and restart the listener.
If you have to stop the listener, you can use the 'set password oracle' command to set the listener password to Oracle (or to whatever is specified in the listener.ora file)

Rgrds,

wdg_at_village.uunet.be Received on Tue Sep 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT