[Q] Listener claims running but ...

From: Damijan Sencar <dsencar_at_animus.mf.uni-lj.si>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 06:43:12 +0200

I have the following question:

We installed Oracle 7.3 on SCO ODT 5.0.4 box. It worked o.k. Then suddenly tnslistener stopped to respond. Database instance runs o.k. (sqlplus etc.) I can also make connection from sqlplus to another Oracle server over TCP.

When I make tnsping to my server it respond "TNS-12541:TNS:no listener".

But when I try to
run tnslistener with lsnrctl start It responds with "TNS-01106:Listener using name LISTENER has already been started"

When I try to stop tnslistener from lsnrctl utility with command stop or reload it refuses to execute the command with message: "TNS-01165:The listener has not recognized the password". I set password

before with command "SET PASSWORD etc."

Command status from lsnrctl returns status listener running o.k.

What is wrong here? Even if I reboot the machine is the result as above.

Thank for any suggestion,

Damijan Received on Tue Sep 08 1998 - 23:43:12 CDT