Problem with manual - Connecting as INTERNAL without Password

From: <jaroslaw.c.pyszkiewicz_at_europe.eds.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 22:03:07 GMT

It should be simple... but I can't figure out.

Taken from 'Getting started' manual, I'm trying to setup non-password login for INTERNAL user with local WinNT user - Administrator (database is Ora8 on WinNT). Being connected (all the time - on another session) as INTERNAL, proceeding: 1. shutdown database, 2. modify iniXXX.ora file (remote_login_password = none), 3. startup database ... and here server comes with error 1031 what means 'no privileges'.

I'm still connected as INTERNAL (I suppose). All this looks very simple in manual. Where is catch ?

Restoring from modification (2) makes startup possible but, of course, without desired functionality.

TIA, Jarek.

PS. Please reply on priv:
jaroslaw.c.pyszkiewicz_at_europe.eds.com

--
Jarek Pyszkiewicz, EDS Ireland