Q: ORA-01555

From: Anton Eskov <anton_eskov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/09/07

Hi

I am developing a stored procedure in PL/SQL v 2.3.4, Oracle Server release 7.3.4.0.0, WinNT. I get ORA-01555 error (Snapshot too old - Rollback Segment too old) when quite simple SELECT statement is executed by a stored procedure via DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE_AND_FETCH. The very same statement being executed directly (say, in SQL*Plus) runs succesfully... No statements updating the database are executed before the error occurs.

What could it be?

SY
Anton Received on Mon Sep 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT