Re: Full Oracle Import

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 14:39:45 +0200

Hi Yat-Fan,
First question: Yes the user definitions are exported in a full database export, however in a full database export ONLY. User export doesn't export them.
Second question: You should specify ignore=Y on the commandline or answer yes to ignore errors due to object existence. As there is always two statements in the export (CREATE user and ALTER user) the first will fail, however the second will not. This statement will reset the password, and the default and temporary tablespace specifications.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA