Re: Oracle 7.2 Performance Problems on Sun E450 (4 way) - SEM/S in only clue!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 08:53:40 +0200

Question:
Did you check the archiving business. Sometimes LGWR is switching log files so frequently, the ARCH process can't cope with it anymore. As soon as ALL online redo log files need archiving, the entire database will hang. Go in to svrmgrl, issue an archive log list. Usually, if the next log the be archived is the most recent log, that is a symptom of problems.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker