Help - ORA-12546

From: <ozarkar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/09/05

 I have Following Configuration

      Hardware
              P100 with 64 Mb RAM and 3 GB HDD
      Software
              SCO 3.2v4.2 with Oracle 7.1.4
 Problem

  With oracle as OS user I can able to use sqlplus sqlform etc. and can connect to database with any oracle internal user. However with any other login [ i.e. other than oracle as os login ] I am getting following error and I am unable to connect the database.

        ORA - 12546 TNS : permission Denied.     Cause : User has insuffient priviledge to perform the requested operation.     Action : Acquire necessary priviledge and try again.

 I would like to know that what other system priviledges required to be  allocated and How ?

 Can oracle expert help me out ?

 Thanking you in Advance.

 Regards