Re: PL/SQL: How to access tables globally.

From: Bob Withers <bwit_at_pobox.com>
Date: 1998/09/05

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <6sql0e$2f$1_at_juliana.sprynet.com>, twogreens_at_sprynet.com says...
> I want to share pl/sql table data between pl/sql modules. All the modules
> are in a common procedure. If I define a table in the package, will it be
> accessible to all modules. Do I need to pass it (it will be very big) as a
> parameter? Will the data persist within the package. ie, if i set values
> in one procedure and it completes will the values persist in the table.
> What about row locking. Could two modules change the same row concurrently.

Scott,

If you define the table in the package spec it will be accessible to everyone who has access to the package. If you define it globally in the package body it will only be accessible to the package members. In either case it will be persistent.

Bob

Bob Withers                            Do or do not, there is no try
bwit_at_pobox.com                                               Yoda