Help required. for ORA 07318 error

From: Aamer Akbar Janjua <aamer_at_janjua.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/09/05

Hi All

   We have a a problem and require your help.

   On a Sun Box we have a database ver 7.3.3.6

  We are installing Oracle Applications this is done by a different user login. In this users env we have the ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME all properly set and the PATH and LD_LIBRARY Statements.

   But when we try to run sqlplus it gives following error.

  ORA 07318 : smsget : open error. When opening sgadef.dbf file.

 We changed the permissions of this file. Then it gave us another error

 ORA 07320 Could not connect to sga

  Or some thing like this.

  But when database is restarted it changes the file permisisons od sgadef.dbf file.

  Please help.

  Any help will be highly appericated.

    Thanking you in advance.

   AAJ Received on Sat Sep 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT