SQL*Loader ORA-01426 on 7.3.4.0.0 with DOUBLE and FLOAT

From: Brad Odland <bodland_at_cpm.com>
Date: 1998/09/04

Hi all you wacky Data persons...

We just recently began testing some software against a new install of Oracle Server 7.3.4.0.0 It testing the loading features of one of our programs I may have uncovered a bug in SQL*Loader. I was unable to load a DOUBLE or FLOAT native data type with SQL*Loader that was installed with the 7.3.4.0.0 installation. I recieve

ORA-01426, 00000, "numeric overflow"
// *Cause: Evaluation of an value expression causes an
overflow/underflow.
// *Action: Reduce the operands.

When I perform the same task in 7.3.2.1.0 it works fine. WHen I use the SQL*Loader executable from 7.3.2.1.0 against a 7.3.4 database it works fine.

Is this a bug? Or is ithere something I missed in the installation. By the way our platform is IBM RS/6000 AIX ver. 4.2 and I am loading the data into a test table with a column data type of NUMBER with no precision specs. INTEGER native type loads fine.

ANy feedbac appreciated....

Brad Odland
bodland_at_cpm.com Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT