Re: Simple question: remove a a datafile from a tablespace

From: Winnie Liu <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:36:30 -0700

There is no safe way to remove a datafile from a tablespace. Because whenever you add a datafile to the database, even though you know that particular datafile is empty, ORacle had already added this file to its list when they search for free blocks. So, you cannot use offline drop. The only way is to export all the object in that tablespace and then reimport it back

Winnie