Re: Oracle8 - Solaris2.6 - core dump

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 4 Sep 1998 17:07:49 -0400

In article <35eff8d4.79645675_at_news.u-net.com>, R Fray <russ_at_u-net.net> wrote:
>It is a bit disappointing though that after paying tens of thousands
>of pounds for a piece of company critical software, it falls over like
>this...

Let us know what solution Support finds for you. Personally, I'd be hesitant to run 8.0.4 of Oracle server when 7.3.4 is stable and battle tested. A lot of sites are still evaluating and stress testing 8.

Could be worse, you could be using Microsoft products. John
groenveld_at_acm.org Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 16:07:49 CDT