Space

From: Michael Reeves <mreeves_at_yourcall.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:38:07 -0500

We are using Oracle 8.05 on windows NT. I have a tablespace that I needs to be smaller. Is there a relatively painless (easy) way to resize this datafile?

I have tried to resize the file by issuing the command:

    alter database datafile 'f:\datafile.ora' resize 800m;

This produces the following error:

   ORA 03297 File contains 11450 Blocks of data beyond requested resize value.

Oracle Storage Manager shows that only 534m of space is being used. This is much smaller than the amount of space specified in the resize file command. I want to resize a 2G datafile to 800m, where only 534m of space is being used.

What is it that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help. Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 13:38:07 CDT