Re: [Q] Password restrictions in Oracle8

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 13:06:30 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Jon Håvard Grøtterud" <jon.grotterud_at_accept.no> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 04 Sep 1998 13:14:57 +0200, you wrote:

>One of our customers insist that we implement password restrictions
>in our Oracle based application according to their security policy.
>
>We could implement this in our application but it would be favourable
>to do it in the database if possible.
>
>My question is: Is it possible to define a minimum password length and a
>maximum password age in Oracle8.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Yes, Oracle8 supports:

So, you would use password aging and password complexity to implement what you need....

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 08:06:30 CDT