Re: Is Oracle 7.3.3.2 MT safe????

From: <plomax_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 09:48:11 +0100

Are you talking about MTS Multi Threaded Server If so not a good idea for batch jobs.
MTS is not as stable in early 73x go for 7336 or even better 7343 Look at the FAQ's on the Metal Link which are quite comprehensive. If you are talking about multi thread PRO*C or OCI It depends whether you have the os library for this. In principal this is an excellent approach. Parallel running of batches as well can give great results.
Peter