OEM: How do I get it to work?

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net>
Date: 1998/09/03

I've spent pretty much all my time puttering away at the command line for Oracle (7.3.[34] on Solaris 2.5.1), but, recently, we've seen a need to get SNMP functionality up for the database server. So, I've started playing with Oracle Enterprise Manager.

I've read through the documentation. It's less than helpful. I haven't been able to get Intelligent Agents up and running yet.

I've run "lsnrctl dbsnmp_start" and see the dbsnmp process running. I see the various files this creates, regarding available services. But from OEM I haven't been able to successfully do service discovery. Basically, I get "no services found" and so on.

SQL*NET from the NT box to the Solaris box appears fine. OEM also in fact sees the database server, and I'm able to see tablespaces and instance stats and so on (haven't been able to log in as SYSDBA yet to bounce the engine from NT). So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks. Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT