Re: TWO_TASKING

From: Marcos Andres Vera Yañez <mvera_at_rdc.cl>
Date: 1998/09/03

Hi
Look, I don't have an exactly meaning about the word "TWO-TASK". But if you try to use it with a user, you'll force all of those user's connection to establish a comunication only trought server's sql net (if you don't know, this program is installed on the server, its name is lsnrctl) to only one database with the protocol ipc or tcp depend upon your sql net's configuration files. Hope this help

Tansel Ozkan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I came accross the term 'TWO_TASK' in a couple places.
> But I don't really have a good understanding.
> What is meant by 'two_tasking'. I tried to look up some
> information from the Oracle Documentation but couldn't
> find much information on it..
>
> Could anyone shed some light on this?
>
> Thanks..
>
> Tansel

Marcos Vera Yanez
Oracle Database Adminstrator
Email : mvera_at_rdc.cl, Phone : 56-2-4406953

"Smell the Flower While you can"