Re: Import of single storeproc from export file?

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_no-spam.it.camcnty.gov.uk>
Date: 3 Sep 1998 13:26:47 GMT

> From: jpmakar_at_aol.com (Jpmakar)
> Date: 3 Sep 1998 03:23:29 GMT
>
>Does anyone know how to import a single storedproc from a export file of an
>entire database that consists of many schemas?

You could try using imp's show=y parameter, which doesn't actually import anything, but shows the SQL generated to perform the import. Use the log=filename parameter to put this output into a file, edit out the bit you want and then execute it under sqlplus. You could also try using the fromuser parameter to restrict the amount of SQL generated to just the schema containing the stored procedure. ( I've not tried that.)

I don't usually recommend editing the export file directly, but since you're only hacking an SQL statement out of it, you could try that, but then you'd need an editor which can handle very big files

Dave.
--
Remove the no-spam bit from my email address to reply. Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 08:26:47 CDT