Re: Can do sqlplus sys/manager@oracle - CAN'T DO sqlplus sys/manager - why is that ?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 20:45:44 GMT

On Thu, 03 Sep 1998 12:22:51 -0700, giau45_at_yahoo.com <giau45_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>sqlplus sys/manager didn't work. That's the problem.
>sqlplus sys/manager_at_test work just fine.
>
>NOTE: oracle processes are all up. tnsping works just fine, listener is
>up.

Do you have TWO_TASK set? That would overide ORACLE_SID. Manager is not the default password for SYS, but you probably shouldn't broadcast passwords to the world. You might also want to get into the habit of not naming things "test" on unix, or you will eventually run into the situation of conflict with shell syntax.

jg

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry@nospameiq.com http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry Remove nospam to reply. mailto:joel_garry_at_compuserve.nospam.com "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 15:45:44 CDT