Oracle8 RMAN Restore

From: <bzygmunt_at_NoSPAM-1974.harris.com>
Date: 3 Sep 1998 20:49:16 GMT

We are trying to simulate a disaster recovery. We have RMAN backup files, and want to use them to reconstruct our databases on a new machine. I have found a bulletin that specifies how to do this using o/s data files, but not RMAN backups. I have also found sample RMAN scripts in the RDMBS directory, but none of these does just what I want. Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to do such a thing? We are running Oracle 8.0.3.2 on NT servers.

TIA. [To respond via e-mail, remove NoSPAM-1974 from return address.]

Beverly Zygmunt
Harris Semiconductor

  Posted using Reference.COM                  http://WWW.Reference.COM
  FREE Usenet and Mailing list archive, directory and clipping service