Kickoff OS Command From Client

From: Gene Hubert <110530.717_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 12:47:18 -0400

I need to have a (PowerBuilder) client app execute a batch file on my NT server running Oracle 8.0.3. I've heard this can be done directly from a PL/SQL proc under Oracle 8 but can find nothing in the help on it. The client process must pass specific information to the batch file that needs to run on the server. What is the best way to implement this? Is there a simple way to map a PL/SQL external procedure call to an NT dll?
Gene Hubert
Qualex Photo
Durham, NC