Sql*Net 2.x What Files Are ACTUALLY Required???

From: ASTROSPMIS <astrospmis_at_aol.com>
Date: 3 Sep 1998 14:29:24 GMT

We are migrating from 7.2 to 7.3 on a Netware 4.1 Server and with Sql*net 1.x there only a few files required on the client to connect. Now, on Sql*net 2.x, We have to install aound 20 meg. of files to make the connection fly. Oracle says all the files are required but I find several sample (junk) files after the client install. Does anyone know the minimum file install list to make a Sql*net 2.x connection fly on an NT 4.0 workstation client??? My client VB5 app is only 1.6 meg and it includes the Sql*net 1.x install! How do I justify the resources or the install time for the version 2.x?. Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 09:29:24 CDT