Shutdown and Re-boot server script

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 3 Sep 1998 05:23:43 GMT

Hi:

Platform: NT 4
Database: Oracle 8

I wrote myself a script to do

  1. Shutdown the database.
  2. Restart in restrict mode.
  3. Do a full export for each database instance.
  4. Shut down the database immediate.
  5. Shut down the service.
  6. Start the database.
  7. Start the service.

However, for some reason, the database cannot be started properly. Shall I need to re-boot the NT server. But I don't know how to do it. Can anyobne show me a sample script, please.

--
Best regards, Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 00:23:43 CDT