Re: Des 2K and foreign keys...

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1998/09/02

.---. part .---.
| A |>-----------| B |
`---' item `---'

If you used the Database Design Wizard, the table with the 'crows' foot (A) will contain the Primary key column from the other end of the relationship (B). The name of the new column in table A, would be PART.

If you did not define a primary key in table B, or did not generate table B first, the column will not show up..

Tom Schmitt (tom.schmitt_at_us.landisstaefa.com) wrote:
: How do I transform the relationships defined in my ER diagram into foreign
: key columns. The foreign keys show up after a database transform but only
: as foreign keys...not columns in the appropriate tables.

: Thanks,
: Tom Schmitt
: tom.schmitt_at_us.landisstaefa.com
: --
: These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of
: Landis & Staefa, Inc.

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you