Re: ODBC to Oracle

From: Darren K. Cockrel <derwoud_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:08:48 GMT

If you want to use Oracle then you are forced through SQL*Net. Even if you are using OLEDB or ODBC it still comes across the SQL*Net pipe. There was one alternative my development team tested out there that comes in looking at IP and port but it never worked properly. If you can throw the bucks at this and you want a very light client set up then you could look at Oracle Application Server, Microsoft Transaction Server with MS Internet Information Server, or even some of the lighter weight solutions intranet based solutions.
Darren