Re: Uninstall of Oracle 7.3 on Solaris 2.6

From: Perry J. Hoekstra <dutchman_at_mn.uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 22:21:25 -0500

Cheng-Jih Chen wrote:

> In article <35ECC5DB.93E7118E_at_mn.uswest.net>,
> Perry Hoekstra <dutchman_at_mn.uswest.net> wrote:
> >Yes, I am sure. In both cases (Oracle Installer on CD and orainst executable
> >located in oracle7 directory) the programs do not allow you to uninstall but
> >immediately begin the install process. That is why I am looking at a manual
> >effort to remove Oracle 7.3 from the machine.
>
> Try "rm", e.g., "rm $ORACLE_HOME". HTH.

Yes, but else is there to remove?

So far I have identified removal of the oratab file, removal of the environment variables such as ORACLE_HOME from the /etc/profile file, but what else exists? What resource file points to the now removed oratab file at boot time? I understand how to perform the brute force method of removal but what references will exist outside of /opt/oracle7 that need to be cleaned up?

Perry Hoekstra Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 22:21:25 CDT