Re: Problem with Net8 Easy Config

From: <vikramdas_at_technologist.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 02:26:05 GMT

Dear Shael,

We have been having this problem off and on. Recently we installed oracle client on 8 NT Workstations and 3 Windows 95 machines. Whereever we got this error, we tried changing the NIC or LAN card. In some places, it worked. In some places, changing the hard disk and reinstalling everything worked. We have still not been able to zero in as to the actual cause. In a Windows NT Server machine, it gives the same error. When we install Windows 95 on the same machine, and install the Oracle client, there are absolutely no errors. Hence we are not really able to figure out whether it is a problem with the hardware or software settings.

HTH