Need help with oracle thin JDBC error

From: <subramania_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 13:17:11 GMT

Hi,

I have installed Personal Oracle on Win 98. When I try to run the sample program Employee.java I get the following error. Can any one tell what this error is and how to resolve it. Thanks.

Caught exception SQL State: null SQL Error no: 0 Message: Connection refused

java.sql.SQLException: Connection refused  at
java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)  at
java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)  at
java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:90)  at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:223) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:100)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:146)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
        at Employee.main(Compiled Code)

Subramanian