SQL Statement

From: Russell Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 08:28:49 GMT

Hi, thanks to some very helpful people in this group I now have the following statement which lists me all occurences of 'mail_host' which are duplicated within 'Table'.

select mail_host, count(*) from Table
having count(*) > 1 group by mail_host;

What I now need to do is incorporate this clause in to a delete statement, which deletes all-but-one of the mail_host's which are duplicated.

ie, if there are 5 entries in mail_host of 'smith', then I want to delete 4 of them and leave 1, hence removing all duplicates.

Please cc replies to russ_at_u-net.net if possible.

Thanks in anticipation,
Russell Fray. Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 03:28:49 CDT