Re: Advantage of Raw Device-based database over Filesystem-based Database (Is there any?)

From: Susan <sooz_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 06:24:50 GMT

Oracle themselves don't have a good answer, you may get some nominal performance increase from raw devices. Unless the application and environment are such that squeezing every bit of performance out of it is necessary, then I'd advise you to use "cooked" filesystems. From a DBAs perspective, they are much easier to administer and manage.