Re: Uninstall of Oracle 7.3 on Solaris 2.6

From: Winnie Liu <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:43:36 -0700

Are you sure that there is no deinstall option in the Oracle7.3 installer? There should be a deinstall option in the Oracle7.3 installer and oracle documentation DOES suggest you to deinstall the previous version of Oracle and then freshly install a new one. You CANNOT use the installer on Oracle 8 to deinstall the Oracle 7.3.